The Survivor's Nest - 5 Tips for Packing a Home Office with Style
Whether you are paying bills, surfing the Internet or writing the next great novel, we all need a quiet, organized space at home to get a little work done. After you have the basics, such as a desk, a comfortable chair and good lighting, don't forget about putting your personal stamp on the space. It's all about expressing your style, and it doesn't have to cost a lot to do:
1. Pick a color scheme you love and run with it: The graphic punch of this black, red, white and gray color scheme creates order and excitement. The lamp is from Ikea and costs $4.99, proving that you don't have to spend much to have fun with color.
2. Go big or go home (Oh, right, you are home!!): Pick accessories that fill the space, bringing a big statement. The four pictures on the wall read as one big picture. The clock brings size, but also softens all of the straight lines by introducing a round shape.
3. Have fun with storage: The metal baskets in this photo reflect the beautiful metallic light pendant. Baskets bring texture and ease of storage to a home office. Make sure to label them so you know what's inside them.
4. Put organization up front: Think of your home office as the nerve center of your home. To keep things running efficiently, put a message board, calendar and pin board right on the wall, so nothing falls through the cracks. You'll never have to search high and low for that invitation or phone number ever again.
5. Let your personality shine through: This is your space, let it scream your personal style. Are you quirky? Traditional? Eclectic? Country? Bring whatever makes you happy into the space. Style really is a reflection of your attitude and your personality. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks, this space belongs to you!
Do you have a home office? Does it reflect your attitude and personality? If not, have I inspired you to pump up the style quotient right now?